We are a family run business and are all passionate about the Lleyn, this breed is a great choice being MV accredited, high health & also in many different ways:
- A fantastic mother, great milkers
- Prolific, scanning at 200%.
- Options to breed your own pedigree replacements.
- Also make well conformed fat lambs.
- Hardy rams & ewes, farmed outside during harsh winter conditions still keeping their condition,
- Minimum labour & feed inputs
- Extremely good option for embryo recipient ewes, a good option for a high health, good mother & hardy ewe.
- Easy lambing, no extra staff required
- Lleyns make a top quality crossing ewe. Lleyn x suffolk shearling ewes, size power and great skin.
As a family team we enjoy entering the North & East club flock competition which we have won 5 years in a row.
Graham is the club chairman of the successful North & East club and enjoys meeting new people. Graham was the judge to the Newark society sale & Bakewell society sale. Terry was the judge for the Welshpool
society sale 2013.
Every few years we host a Lleyn open day at our farm as pictured. We were featured as farmer of the week in the Yorkshire post.
The Fort family April lambing with J Mcgeever (right) the lambing student and Irish farming journalist who came to learn lambing procedures.